Bear with the outdated nature of this post. It has been in draft mode for a while now.
I wouldn't be surprised if I forget Usain's Bolt's victory dance after breaking the world record in the men's 200 meters event or Michel Pheps's big smile after winning medal after medal by the next Olympics. But what will be etched in my memory is, Lolo Jones burying her head in shame after she tripped over the ninth hurdle in the women's 100 meters hurdle. In a world where your merits are judged by the results you produce and not the efforts you put in, all the years of hard work and sweat that had gone into in preparing for this event vanished into thin air for that split second.
How unfair, I agree. But nobody said life is fair all the time to all the people. Slips and blips happen, but for how long can one mourn and grieve? There comes a point wherein it becomes easier to hope rather than despair and play with that one weapon you have control over – your attitude! As someone said, when life throws a handle at you, you have a choice to either grab it by the handle or by the blade. It's not an easy choice, but a choice nevertheless.
I read the following somewhere recently... I qoute it here as I found it powerful and something I myself would like to embrace in my life
“Try your best, work your hardest, and celebrate what you achieve even if someone else has achieved more than what you have. If that's not good enough for you, have a nice life. You have my deepest sympathy.”
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment