I do like to think that I am reasonably clean and tidy. But comes that moment after all the furniture and possessions have been removed from my rooms and I come back to see if I had left anything, and I look at the floor and there's all this stuff around.Behind where the desk was and behind where the book case was and behind where the bed was and in the corner occupied by the chest. Suff.Gray, fuzzy, grotty Stuff.
Look at all the dirt, I think. I am not so very nice and clean after all, I think.
I read in a medical journal that a lab analyzes this Stuff.They were working on the problems of people with allergies , but their results apply here.The findings: particles of wool, cotton and paper,bug chunks, food, plants ,tree leaves,ash, microscopic spores of fungi and single celled animals and a lot of unidentifiable odds and ends, mostly naturaland organic.
But that's just the miscellaneous list.The majority of Stuff comes from just two sources: people - exfoliated skin and hair; and meteorites- disintegrated as they hit the earth's atmosphere.(No kidding-it's true- tons of it fall everyday). So, in other words, what's behind my bed and bookcase and dresser and chest is mostly me and stardust!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment